LOVE

Join us in our journey of life through our blog! How we met, who we are, our passions, our dreams and where we are now!! We desire to Live to know Christ, and to die making Him known.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Determination = Victory! We love our Haley !!


 When I think of the word determination... a few people come to mind, and they happen to be in the same family. Christian and Haley, my husband and my new sister. They are the most driven and determined people that I have met in my entire life, especially when it comes to sports. I am enamored by this and admire this trait in both of them so much. This journey I want to take you on is about my new sister, Haley. She is a senior in High school and currently STATEBOUND!! It's such an exciting time for her.. and we are sad we can't be physically present at her games through all of this excitement!! But we are SOO PUMPED for her!!
  Here she is World... the amazing, talented, beautiful, HILARIOUS haley lyons. She has been an amazing athlete and soccer player fOR EVER and now.. its her time!! Her time to take her team to state and remember these memories with her teammates and the challenges they will face together for the rest of her life. They are embarking on an amazing weekend ahead that will never be forgotten. When I first met Haley, the first time I actually met christian as well haha, I thought she was a quiet girl.... but oh boy was I wrong! As I have gotten to know this remarkable young woman.. I have learned that it is quite the opposite! She is full of Joy and life.. and you just want to be around her. There is no doubt that God has incredible plans for this girl..or should I say, woman.

  This is the Haley I know, the goofy crazy one!! She brings laughter to my life as I know she does all of her teammates! I have appreciated the time we have gotten to share together, shopping at ridiculous hours in the morning with christian, "vroom vroom .. well, thats an inside joke that I wont finish.., seeing her play soccer (scolding hot weather or wrapped in a sleepingbag), watching endless girl movies, staying up talking.. just enjoying everything about her. It's incredible the journey that her life has taken.. and now, all that she has worked for ALL of these years.. traveling ALL over the country playing soccer.. and now its her time. Its her time to be a state champion, its her time to be leading her team, its her time to play D-1 soccer, its HER time.


 IF i know my Haley, I know that this weekend when she goes out there with her team to play.. she is gonna give it all she's got. She's going to make sure her team comes home with it ALL. It's times like these, when Christian and I would give anything to be home. Seeing our siblings grow up and have HUGE things like championships, graduations and so on... Our families are the most important treasure we have. Our new "lawyer" family we have started, and the lyons and meisels. This is our world... and I dont think I could EVER make it known enough how BADLY we wish we were there screaming our lungs out for our sis.


 Although she has only been my sis for about 1-2 years now.. I feel like she always has been. And If I know anything, its that she has the PROUDEST big brother. Christian is so excited for his sis.. he is dying to be there as well... he loves you SOOO Much Haley..and please know that If we could fly back for just your game and fly back .. we would!!


 Like I mentioned earlier.. Haley has signed with McNeese State.. and she will be going there in August to be once again, none other than.. a freakin STUD!! She has had quite a journey in her high school days, but soon... they will come to an end. And she will start this crazy journey of college and soccer once again!!!!!! (lord willing we are actually in the states for those days!) But.. if there is something that I have learned and been in awe of most about Haley's career as a soccer player so far.. it would be of course all that I have mentioned about Haley, and ALSO  the dedication of her parents.


 Haley has made it to where she is now most def because of her talent and determination. But she has had the full support and sacrifice from her parents. Her parents have been to every game, traveled with her around the country, made sure that she was able to on whatever travel teams or teams that have great coaches and players to help her grow, they have literally been with her every step of the way her ENTIRE life. I can't imagine how proud they must be to be watching their baby out there, playing for a state title, and going on to play her dream in college. And knowing that everything they sacrificed and supported, has turned out to be nothing but success. I have learned from them SO much by watching this whole process on how I want to be when we have a family of our own one day. It has been an incredible example for us, that I hope to follow.


   I would just like to point out this picture is BOMB. :) Basically, with this blog.. I just want to wish Haley good luck.. to make sure she knows how much she is loved, missed, and that she has cheerleaders ALL over the world (literally.) We are soo excited to see you this summer and have the time of our lives... but until then, you have some BUISNESS to take care of!! We love you soo much.. and it feels like just yesterday I was going through my senior year statebound weekend with my bball team.. and I am SOO HYPEd for you right now. Make the most of this weekend, the time with your girls, the time with you coach, this is the time of your life that you will remember forever!




  Christian and I have both been where you are, and we understnad how much of an exciting time this is... and how much pressure can come along with it.. but I think its so great that we are able to understand 100 % of what you are going through because thats how we are able to that much more PUMPED!!




  

 I pray that your team can continue this bond you have so strongly created.. and carry it on not only this weekend, but forever. I pray you guys come together and kick some serious butt this weekend. Focus, remember why you are there, who you are playing for.. and GET HER DONE.



  As you take the field this weekend, make the most of it. Play HARD and leave it all on the field. We are there with you in spirit... we love you with all our hearts... and once again, we would give anything to be there with you NOW! But in June.. we will have our own celebration!! LOVE YOU haley!!!

                                                      

                                                                The whole fam :)

2 comments:

  1. Janis what about me i have no picture of me on this website! hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Zoe!! I thought you were in the picture at the bottom, but I will add you, LOVe you

    ReplyDelete