LOVE

Join us in our journey of life through our blog! How we met, who we are, our passions, our dreams and where we are now!! We desire to Live to know Christ, and to die making Him known.

Friday, April 8, 2011

So long BIG sis.. Hello BIG brother



 Two words: TRENT LEE. Pictured above is my CRAZY brother.. who I have come to love sooo very much. The reason I said "come to love" is because, well like most siblings... the older we get, the closer we get. BuT while growing up.. we had some challenges to say the least! I have always thrived on the fact that I was his BIG sister... but as alot of you know now, in matter of size.. he is def MY BIG brother.. Watching my little brohan grow up into this incredible young man has been such a treasure to me. But I thought I would entertain you for a little bit with some of the stories we had growing up. Just to give you a little insight on what I mean when I say, "my crazy brother."


 So your looking at this picture and thinking to yourself... "oh how cute he is sooo sweet." RIght?? NOOOOOOO!! You can see the little evil devilish smirk in his eye if you really look! This picture was most likely taken before he ran off and we couldn't find him for 3 hours. My dad was a fireman while we were growing up, and as you know the fireman life... he worked everyother day..which meant MOM was the bOSS!! But for some reason..(if you have met my mom you understand) this didn't scare my bro one bit. In fact, he saved most or ALL of his terrible days just for her. He was usually on his "angel" behavior while my dad was home (dad's spankings hurt WAY worse.) Speaking of getting spanked, I can't remember if there was ever a time Trent stood still and took his spanking from my mom. Usually it was more of a chase down throughout the entire house... Trent would be yelling "you gotta catch me first!" I don't really know how my mom didn't have a melt down while raising this boy.

 Some Sunday mornings we would be getting ready for church and couldn't find Trent anywhere. We live on 6 acres of land ... if you can imagine that hunt down 5 min before church. He would usually be down at the neighbors sitting on the tractor just hanging out. But the great thing about trent (when he was younger) is that he would do whatever I told him to do. As in the picture above.. I told him we needed to paint our whole body's black with the mud in the driveway because I really wanted to be black. And I knew if I did it alone, the punishment would be much worse... so of course he did it. When I told him we should put on 10 layers of pants while waitng anxiously for our spankins from doing exactly what my mom said not to do, he did it. (that didn't turn out well ..but we endured it together!) One day I made him so sad (he was 4) when I came home gymnastics he had single handingly DESTROYED my bedroom. He literally pushed over my dresser, vanity and stripped everything from my closet. I thought I would kill him... yet, he is still alive.


Until these last few years... I have always been the BOSS of my little bro. I was older, therefore .. I was in charge. When my parents were gone and he "disobeyed" me (didnt get me something to drink or eat maybe haha) He had to stand in the corner.. or I would threaten to call dad at the firedepartment. For some reason that ALWAYS worked! Trent and I have been in a few fist fights, slapping fights, and many verbal fights. (Now if we had a fist fight he would SMASH me..) On our way home from school nearly everyday, we would pull into the firestation... No, not to visit dad.. but for trent to bend over the back of the firetruck and get a DAD spankin for doing only the Lord knows what at school that day.

 Okay, but after all of those CRAZY times while he was growing up... he is blossoming into this amazing young man of God. He has his moments of course as we all do.. and he has a crazy sense of humor which I LOVE and worry about.. haha.. but goodness, I am the luckiest girl in the world to have this brother of mine. He is an amazing athlete, football... golf.. basketball... you name it.



 I am so proud of him!! When I moved away to college, I really began to miss him. I missed our fights, I missed him sleeping in my room because he was scared, I missed watching movies, I missed driving around with him, and I just missed us being us. I began looking forward to going home to see him and laugh and stay up late watching two and a half men.. Getting married and moving away for good, (well you know what I mean.. no more room next to his) has also made us grow even closer. When I got the chance to go back to Lawton from Dallas for the weekends it was so great to see him... and now.. well, we are a little bit farther apart.



 But... thank God for skype! We still talk, I still tell him when he is being SOOO dumb. I give him girl advice, laugh with him, he makes fun of me ALL the time.. and I love it. Being so close with him now has made this hard living so far apart. I have missed alot of fball games and homecoming dances.. but I think he knows I am there in spirit. The other blessing trent has is that he has other sisters are there with him too... Kayla and Linsey.. they have been his other sisters forever as well..


 This brother of mine is going to do amazing things in life. He has a God- given amazing personality, outgoing and fun loving.. but knows right from wrong and when to help a hurting heart. He is mostly always the funny guy.. but there is more to that than some know, there is a compassionate spirit underneath it all. He has determination and drive.. and He knows what he wants in life. He makes me one proud big sissy!!


Okay.. maybe sometimes he makes me embarrased.. haha! But I love him sooo much!! I miss you brohan and I cant wait until August when we can hang out in real life... but until then.... our skype dates will have to work!! I LOVE YOU trent lee....

 And this picture still proves true... I will always be your BIG sis. Love you ...

No comments:

Post a Comment